March 31, 2014

Lemon Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce



One of my favorite fishes is Salmon.  I love it.  I don't think I've ever had it and not liked it.  My husband however, not a huge fish fan.  When we first got married, I couldn't even cook it for myself because the smell was too much for him.  He got around to not minding that, which slowly led to trying a bite here and there just to test a new recipe.  Now, he's progressed to being able to eat it (and actually liking it) every couple of months or so.  Progress!

My recent lemon surplus led me to this recipe which we both enjoyed.  Lemon and salmon are a classic flavor.  The lemon flavor is noticeable but not overpowering.  The dill sauce sends this over the top.  Make sure to mince the garlic very small since it is raw in this sauce.  I happen to love garlic so that wasn't a problem for me. The combination of the dill sauce and the salmon was pretty great.

This is one of those 30-minute or less recipes, great for a busy weeknight.

Lemon Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
Recipe from Cooking Classy


Ingredients
  • 4 - 6 ounce salmon fillets
  • 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
  • 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • salt and pepper
Dill Sauce
  • 1/3 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
  • 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 clove garlic, finely minced
  • 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
  • 2-3 Tbsp milk
  • 1/2 tsp honey
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400º
  2. In a small bowl combine the oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice.  Whisk together. 
  3. Place the salmon in an oven proof dish (9x13) and drizzle the lemon juice mixture over the top, rub it in. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 
  4. Leave at room temperature for 10 minutes. 
  5. Bake for 12-16 minutes.  This will depend on the thickness of the salmon fillets. 
  6. While the fish is baking, make the dill sauce. 
  7. Combine all the ingredients in a small dish and whisk together until smooth. Can be refrigerated but if you do that, remove it from the refrigerator and let come up to room temperature for about 20 minutes. 
  8. Serve along side or over the top of the fish.

No comments: