February 16, 2012

Baked Pork Chops


I'm always on the lookout for a new pork chop recipe.  Mostly because I'm not a huge pork chop fan, I like them OK but it goes back to my general dislike for white meat (which I'm trying to overcome).  If I'm going to have white meat I need it to be buried in some sort of gravy or chopped into really small pieces. I know, I'm weird.

I found this recipe at allrecipes.com and I'm a fan already.  I love the creamy sauce and the fact that it uses a little bit of wine for a special flavor.  The recipe calls for 6 pork chops but I only used two and I didn't decrease the sauce at all.  It was yummy, I'll be making it again.


Baked Pork Chops
recipe from AllRecipes.com here

6 pork chops (I used 2)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
  • 2 egg, beaten (I used 1 egg)
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used a couple of Tbsp's)
  • 2 cups Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs (I used 1 cup)
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil (I used 2)
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup white wine

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. 

Season the pork chops on both sides with the garlic powder and seasoning salt.  In a small dish add the egg, in a separate dish put the flour and in a third dish put the bread crumbs.  

In a large skillet add the oil and heat over medium heat.  Take the pork chop and dip in the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs and place in the skillet. Cook for for about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to a baking dish (I used an 8x8) but for six chops use a 9x13 and cover with foil. 
Bake for 1 hour.  I baked my two chops for 45 minutes and they were perfect. 

Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl add the soup, milk and wine.  Whisk until smooth.  Set aside. 

Halfway through cooking the chops, take out and pour the sauce over the top then replace the foil and cook for the remaining time.   

No comments: