February 27, 2012

Gingerbread Muffins



Yes it does seem that I'm on a gingerbread kick lately.  I don't know why.  I started out trying to find something to pair with the Lemon Curd that I made here.  Gingerbread and Lemon is a great combination!  I really liked how these turned out and even though the muffins were yummy on their own.

I've been a sucker for molasses ever since I was little.  My gramma's molasses cookies are the best ever and they got my addicted to anything with a molasses flavor.

I'm still clinging to the hope that we're not done with winter here (or that we might actually get a winter) even though the trees are budding and allergies are kicking in.  These gingerbread muffins will make you feel warm and cozy inside.

I filled my muffin cups 3/4 full and they turned out perfectly.  The original instructions indicate you should fill them 1/2 full.

*Just made these again for the holidays 2015 and took the opportunity to update the picture.  I love this recipe.  I used store bought lemon curd this time around.

Gingerbread Muffins
Recipe from Taste of Home

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup molasses

Add all the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and then add the egg, milk, oil and molasses in a separate bowl.  Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just moist.  Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 in a 375º oven. 

Serve by themselves or top with lemon curd. 


  

No comments: