February 10, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries



So, Valentines Day huh? Have you started thinking about what you're going to do or is it just another day for you? I happen to really like Valentines Day.  It could be that I love pink and red.  It could be that I love chocolate.  It could be that I'll use any excuse to celebrate.  Having said all that, I recently had a Valentines Day themed Dinner Club at my house (to be shared soon) and I needed something yummy and easy to make in the short period of time that I had from getting home from work at 5:45ish and having guests arrive at 6:30.  Enter - Chocolate Dipped Strawberries.

  • I can't think of one person who doesn't like them.
  • They look super duper cute and fancy but are oh so easy to make.
  • When you see Chocolate Dipped Strawberries you automatically think ~Valentines Day~ ...or at least I do.
  • They are so easy to do that my 3 1/2 year old helped me.  It went something like this: Mommy this one is too small so I'm going to eat it.  Mommy, there is some chocolate on my finger so I'm going to have to eat this strawberry too.  Mommy can I have chocolate strawberries for dinner? 
  • They are health food, sort of.






Now don't you wanna go make some? Happy Valentines Day!


Chocolate Dipped Strawberries


1 bag of milk chocolate chips (You can also use dark chocolate or white chocolate or a combination)
1 Tbsp shortening (if you're using a good quality chocolate you probably won't need this)
1 Pound of large strawberries, washed and dried.

Line a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with some wax paper. Use a heat proof bowl to pour the chips and shortening in.  Place the bowl over a sauce pan of simmering water.  Stir until melted and smooth. Dip each strawberry while holding onto the stem, if you need something more stable to hold onto you can put a toothpick in the top. After you dip your strawberries place them on some wax paper and refrigerate leftovers.


No comments: