July 27, 2012

Frozen Vodka Slush


Dinner club transformed to drink club this last time.  Drinks for dinner was the theme, don't worry we all brought appetizers too. Needless to say, it was one of the favorite dinner club's for us all.  I'll be posting about that night soon but for now let's concentrate on this delicious drink that I found on Pinterest. 

First off let me say, this is one of the favorite drinks I've had in a long time.  I'm a huge fruity, sweet drink kind of person so this totally fit the bill.  I couldn't taste the alcohol at all.  


You start by making a simple syrup and incorporating it into a juice and vodka mix.  Then you freeze it.



When you're ready to serve it, you use a spoon to scrape the slush and put it in a glass about halfway up.  Add Sprite (or sparkling water for less sweetness) to the other half and drink up.



I love this drink.  The original recipe says you should double the recipe because people love it so much and I don't disagree; however I made the regular amount and I still have a  ton left in my freezer.  I think it makes about 3 quarts or so.  If you plan to have a lot of people over for a pool party or something than yes, make more.

Frozen Vodka Slush
Found at EAD Living

8 cups water
3 cups white sugar
juice of 2 lemons
juice of 2 oranges
one 48oz can of pineapple juice
one 12oz can frozen Minute Maid grapefruit juice
one 12oz can of frozen Minute Maid lemonade
26oz Vodka (3.25 cups)

Sprite, 7up, or sparkling water flavored with lime. 


Make a simple syrup by putting the water and sugar in a large sauce pan on medium until the sugar dissolves.  Let sit until it gets to room temperature. 


In a separate container mix all of the remaining ingredients (except the lemon lime flavored soda).  When the simple syrup is cool, mix in with the remaining ingredients, mix and freeze until ready to serve.  When ready to serve, fill a glass half full of the slush mixture and top off with the soda.  Enjoy!



No comments: