November 23, 2012

Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookie Bars


How was everyone's Thanksgiving?  Eat to much? Me too. 

I actually made these a little while ago and forgot to get it posted but I feel like they'd make a welcome addition to your holiday table.  Who doesn't like chocolate and caramel?  Oh and as another little plus, this one is great for kids because they can walk around with it.  Portable desserts, gotta love em. 


After you make the dough you press half of it into a baking dish.


Then top with caramel.


Sprinkle with some sea salt.


Top with the other half of the dough and sprinkle on some more sea salt.


Bake and then let cool completely before attempting to cut.  Otherwise your caramel will squish out a little.


The only thing I did a little different than the original recipe was using my own homemade caramel so I've given the link below.  Definitely a keeper for my recipe book.  I loved the little bit of salt that is added.  It's like eating a chocolate chip cookie with the goodness of caramel in the middle and the salt really helps all the flavors.

Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod

No comments: