November 20, 2012

Creamiest Macaroni and Cheese




I know this isn't a traditional "holiday" type of dish but if you've got kids as picky as mine you may want to consider putting something on the table that you know they'll eat and love.  I mean after all, it's the biggest eating holiday of the year so we should all be happy right? 

Here's my plan, attempt to get her to try all of the other items on the table and when she does I'll break out the macaroni and cheese as her reward!  Yeah, that's my plan anyway. 

I was thrilled to find this recipe on Pinterest because she loves the boxed type of macaroni and cheese but I don't buy that kind so she's often times disappointed in the versions I make.  This one was perfect and she kept asking for more!  

What I'd like to do next is eliminate the canned cheddar cheese soup, if any of you have a good recipe for that please send it my way!


Can you believe there are only 5 ingredients here? I skipped on the seasoned salt and just seasoned with salt.

I'm attempting this recipe again tonight only I'm using reduced fat cheddar (because that's what I have). I'll let you know how it turns out.


Creamiest Macaroni and Cheese


Ingredients
  • 12 oz macaroni (any small type)
  • 4 Tbsp butter
  • 1 can cheddar cheese soup
  • 12 oz can evaporated milk
  • 1 -2 cups grated macaroni and cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste OR seasoned salt
Cooking Directions
  1. Cook noodles and drain according to manufacturers instructions. Place the hot noodles back into the pot they were cooked in and add the cheese soup, 1/2 the can of evaporated milk and the butter. Stir to combine.
  2. Add at least 1 cup of the shredded cheese or more until the desired cheesiness is achieved.
  3. Keep the heat on low to help the melting and add more of the evaporated milk as needed.
  4. Season with Salt and Pepper or Seasoned Salt to taste.

No comments: