November 19, 2012

M.S. Buttermilk Cornbread


Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving? 

Me? 

I'm not ready at all.  I just made my grocery shopping list and menu so I guess I should probably get on that huh? 

This stay at home mom business has really made me lazy.  I'm pretty sure that by dinner time on Thursday I'll have figured out a way to make it all come together but as of this exact moment, not a lot of progress has been made. 

I do feel like I got a head start with this cornbread though.  I'm so glad I tried this recipe by Martha Stewart because I am totally going to make cornbread sausage stuffing with the leftovers.  This recipe is definitely my favorite corn bread recipe so far. I like moist cornbread with a nice crumb and just a little sweetness.  This recipe nailed all that!


I cut up the leftover cornbread and am in the process of drying it out for the stuffing I'll make later.  I didn't really grow up eating that much cornbread but I've been making it a lot more often in my adult years and really enjoy it.  This recipe is a must try!



M.S. Buttermilk Cornbread
Recipe from Martha Stewart


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups low fat buttermilk
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Brush a 9x13 inch pan with 2 Tbsp melted butter or non-stick spray.
  3. Mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Add the eggs, melted butter and buttermilk and mix just until moist.
  4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  6. Let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes and then serve.

No comments: