November 2, 2012

Quick Soft Caramel




Do you ever just have those days when you want to curl up in a ball on the couch and eat yourself into a coma? 

Yeah, I do too.  More than I'd like to admit. 

Usually however you have to get up and go to work and I'm truly sorry about that.  Even as a stay at home mom I don't get to curl up on the couch and do nothing.  

Fall and winter is the perfect time to break out the comfort foods.  I've actually never really been a big popcorn fan but I am a huge caramel fan! Something about this recipe just made me want caramel popcorn.  So I made it.  It was yummy. And I relished the 5 minutes I got to eat some of this caramel popcorn before being broken out of my trance when I heard "MOM"!

I had caramel left over, I used the rest of it in a recipe to be posted soon.  Delish!





Just pour everything in a saucepan.  Easy right?


Let the mixture come up to a boil. Set your timer for two minutes.


Is this not the easiest caramel recipe ever? It would be yummy over some ice cream or brownies or pretty much anywhere.  The caramel stays soft so this would not be like normal caramel popcorn that you find in those big tin can's.  I had leftover caramel popcorn that I stored in a air proof container and ate some the next day and found it just as tasty.

Quick Soft Caramel
Recipe from Pretty Providence


Ingredients
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup light Karo syrup
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
Cooking Directions
  1. Put all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over medium low heat. Once boiling, cook for two minutes.

No comments: