July 8, 2013

Balsamic Pork Chops


I can't believe it's Monday already.  It's hard to come back from a four day weekend, am I right? We had a relaxing 4th.  Barbecue's, fireworks, friends and rain....well not constant rain but definitely more then I've ever seen in July here before. But between all that rain we had fun!

My husband was actually home for the 4th this year so that was very nice.

The only thing I'm not quite sure about is when the fireworks actually stop being set off.  I mean, it's a given that they'll be out in full force on the night of the 4th and perhaps even the next night but I've been hearing them each night since.  Just wondering.


I made these pork chops last week before the holiday and they were delicious.


The balsamic isn't overpowering so if you're not a fan you should still give these a try.  It just added a nice little background flavor. You can never have enough background flavor if you ask me.  Great meal for a busy weeknight. We didn't bother with the rice and just had some veggies on the side but I'm sure the rice would be a great way to soak up all that glorious sauce! I'll try that next time.

Balsamic Pork Chops
Recipe from MyRecipes


Ingredients
  • 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 6 boneless pork chops
  • 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
  • 1 (14.5 oz can) chicken broth
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions
  1. In a medium bowl combine the flour, rosemary, salt and pepper. 
  2. Dredge the pork chops in the flour mixture. 
  3. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and melt the butter and olive oil. 
  4. Add the garlic and sauté briefly, then add the pork chops. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown (they do not need to be fully cooked at this point). 
  5. Remove the pork chops and add the broth and vinegar.  Reduce by half. 
  6. Add the pork chops back into the pan and cook until done, about 5 minutes. 
  7. Serve over rice and garnish with rosemary if desired.

No comments: