July 17, 2013

Raspberry Pie


It's been raining so much here that I have actual moss growing in my backyard.  The weather has been so strange.  I'm not complaining though because this time last year I was confined to my house because of the soaring temperatures.

Needless to say we haven't done very many fun things.  We can't even get to our neighborhood pool without having to turn around and go home because of a stray thunderstorm.

I was in Wal-Mart the other day and saw school stuff out!  I'm NOT ready for this.  My little one will be in kindergarten and I'm not prepared to start thinking about that yet.

I will bake pie instead.  Makes perfect sense doesn't it?

I made this pie for my neighbor because she said it's her favorite.  Who am I to deny someone their favorite pie? That's why the picture above is not so great.  I apologize.
If you're a raspberry lover you will enjoy this pie immensely. Full of fruit flavor, not overly sweet. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream and you'll be in heaven.


Raspberry Pie
Recipe from AllRecipes


Ingredients
  • 1 recipe double pie crust
  • 4 cups raspberries
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp quick tapioca
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 4 tsp butter
  • egg wash or cream
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 425º
  2. In a large bowl, combine the raspberries, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt and carefully mix together so you don't crush the berries. 
  3. Line a deep dish pie dish with one crust and then fill with the berries. 
  4. Dot the top with the butter and then add the top crust. 
  5. Make slits in the crust for steam to escape and brush with egg wash or cream. 
  6. Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce the heat to 375º for 25 more minutes.  Check the crust as it bakes and if it begins to look like it's getting too dark, cover it with tin foil. 
  7. Let cool before serving. 

2 comments:

stylewomen recipes said...

Hmm this recipe looks delicious!!!!

Alyssamay's said...

It was amazing! :)