Looking for a classic dish to bring to any party or just to have on hand? You can't go wrong with this recipe. Loads of flavor and so easy to put together. I used mine on nacho's but try adding some to a casserole or slow cooker meal.
When I brought this to a friends party not long ago, we all sat around the table and just tore through a bag of chips and this salsa. Then dinner was served......and we weren't hungry anymore.
This salsa is exactly what you might think of when you are at a Mexican restaurant, it's not the tomato sauce-y kind but more of a fresh tomato taste. It's essential to let the flavors blend for at least an hour in the refrigerator. So good, it will be a favorite.
Restaurant Style Salsa
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman
- 1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes with juice
- 2 cans (10 oz) Rotel tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 whole jalapeño, seeded, quartered and sliced thin
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro, or more to taste
- 1/2 whole lime, juiced
- Use a large food processor (12 cup) or do this in batches.
- Add all the ingredients into the food processor and pulse about 10-15 times.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.