October 7, 2013

BBQ Chicken Crescents


Everyone needs one of these recipes.  You know, the kind that you can make in less than 20 minutes.

I don't usually buy processed convenience food like the crescent rolls used here, but I'm also not going to make my own crescent rolls anytime soon. If you're 100% against them, look away.

Now that my daughter is in school and sports I find myself with some nights that I barely have time to get her home and changed before we have to head out again, so this recipe is perfect.  Oh, and surprisingly she did eat this one.


Easy to assemble and pop in the oven.  I cooked my own chicken for this recipe but you could substitute with a rotisserie chicken from your market or they even have canned chicken that would work here.

My whole family loved them.

BBQ Chicken Crescents
Recipe from cooking.com


Ingredients
  • 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
  • 1 can (8 oz) canned crescent rolls
  • 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 large egg and a little water for the egg wash
Cooking Directions
  1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Preheat the oven to 375
  3. Mix the chicken and the barbecue sauce together.
  4. Lay each crescent roll triangle out on the prepared cookie sheet and fill the largest part of the triangle with 1/8 of the chicken and barbecue mixture.
  5. Sprinkle the top of the chicken mixture with about 1 tsp of cheese.
  6. Roll the crescents up loosely.
  7. Brush the tops with the egg wash.
  8. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: