If you've got a little extra time in the morning you might want to bake your bacon instead of the the traditional pan frying version. It's much easier and much less clean up. I used thick cut bacon and it took about 25 minutes but the thinner varieties will take less time.
Obviously this isn't a recipe, a new way of cooking bacon without having grease splattered all over your kitchen is worth sharing. :)
- Line a jelly roll pan with tin foil.
- place cooking racks, like the kind you use to cool cookies on top of the tin foil.
- Line the racks with bacon.
- Place the pan in the center of a COLD oven.
- Shut the door and turn the heat to 400º.
- Walk away, check on it at about 15 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on your oven and the thickness of the bacon. Watch it carefully toward the last few minutes of cooking so it doesn't burn.
- Remove from the racks immediately after you remove the pan from the oven and place on a plate lined with paper towels to stop the cooking process.
**You can undercook the bacon slightly and freeze it. When you want a couple pieces of bacon you can take it out and microwave it for a minute or so.