October 14, 2013

Chocolate Candy Corn M&M Cookies



Imagine my surprise when I was shopping for groceries and stumbled upon these little candy corn m&m's.  I thought they were just halloween colors until I bit into one.  They are white chocolate on the inside and flavored to taste like candy corn. 

I knew these little gems had to go inside of a cookie and to my surprise there weren't any other chocolate cookies that I could find on the internet.  Well, there was a chocolate brownie type cookie but no average chocolate cookies. So, that's how this one came about.  

I really like the contrasting flavors between the chocolate and white chocolate candy corn m&m's. The cookie itself is very chewy, just the way I like them.  Great chocolate flavor, accented perfectly with the candies. 


My daughter helped me put the candies in the cookies.  We decided to press them into the dough rather than mix them in.  This way we get the nice candy corn colors in each cookie.


I was able to find these candies at my local Aldi's, but that just tells me that you can probably find them almost anywhere. Great Halloween Cookie!

Chocolate Candy Corn M&M Cookies
Modified from Remodelaholic


Ingredients
  • 2 Cups + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 1/2 sticks or 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 bag Candy Corn M&M's
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350º
  2. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
  3. In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together. Set aside.
  4. In the bowl of your stand mixer add the butter and both sugars. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
  5. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix together.
  6. Slowly add the dry ingredients (You will get a nice cloud of flour), mix until blended.
  7. Use either a cookie scoop or a Tbsp to achieve a ball about the size of a golf ball, about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
  8. Press the M&M's into the top of the dough ball, put them close together as the cookie will spread.
  9. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
  10. Let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.

No comments: