Does anyone have any big plans for the weekend? I hope someone has something more exciting planned then I do. We're going to do the soccer game thing, then veg the rest of the weekend. No matter what your plans are you have to eat breakfast right?
Am I the only one who can't make good biscuits when you have to roll them out and cut them? They never seem to get tall and fluffy for me. I don't get it. I had great success with these drop biscuits however so these will become my go to biscuit until I figure out the other kind.
Light and flaky texture, excellent buttermilk biscuit flavor. They were really easy to put together. I used my hands to put the dough into a ball and then just pulled off pieces and put them on the baking sheet. Super simple. The outside was a beautiful crispy golden brown and the inside was moist and flaky. Perfect!
Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
Recipe from Epicurious
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, very cold cut into small pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk (cold)
- Preheat the oven to 425º
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Use a pastry cutter or two forks to cut in the very cold butter until the mixture resembles a wet sand.
- Incorporate the buttermilk while stirring the flour, only stir until a dough forms.
- Use your hands to gather the dough into a ball, work quickly so the dough stays cold.
- You can use a measuring cup or your hands to pull off pieces of dough and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.