December 18, 2013

Chocolate Covered Marshmallows


This is what happens when I have nothing sweet in the house and my holiday baking day is only four days away but I just can't wait! I get myself into trouble.  It doesn't help that I've got a sweet's loving little girl who encourages this outrageous behavior.  She even helped!  Do you think I could blame it all on her and claim to be the victim?

Didn't think so.

People know me way to well to believe that malarky.

Even thought this isn't much of a "recipe", there are a million ways to dress these babies up and make them super special.

For example:


Crushed candy canes.


Sprinkles - this one is my daughters.  She loves some sprinkles, the more the better in her book.

You could also roll them in crushed graham cracker (like a Smore), drizzle them with white chocolate, roll them in those tiny little M&M's or any tiny or cut up candy, or you could melt mint chocolate chips which are plentiful during the holiday season.  I've also seen where you can dip them in caramel first, then in chocolate.  I will be trying that one later. I bet crushed up toffee would be awesome! The possibilities are endless.

Here's all you need.

1 bag of regular sized marshmallows.
1 bag of your favorite chocolate chips.
toothpicks.
Cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.

Just melt the chocolate in a double boiler, dip the tip of the toothpick in chocolate before inserting it into the marshmallow and dip, roll, sprinkle until your heats content.  Refrigerate when you're done dipping and decorating to set the chocolate.


No comments: