December 4, 2013

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip


I'm just now getting around to some of the pumpkin recipes I have been wanting to try.  This one was sort of spontaneous since I wasn't sure if the Pumpkin Flan I made earlier was going to turn out.  I made this just in case.  Luckily it did turn out but this was a big hit with everyone anyway.  Easy to make and all I needed to buy were the ginger snaps that I used for dipping.

I loved how creamy the dip was.  The cream cheese blended with the pumpkin so you didn't taste the cream cheese necessarily but it sort of added a little something to the background flavor of the pumpkin puree. I kept the pumpkin pie spice to a minimum until I tasted it and then added more to my taste preference. Refrigeration really does help all the flavors meld together.

Definitely a great recipe for your holiday parties this year!


Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
Recipe from My Baking Addiction


Ingredients
  • 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups confectioners sugar
  • 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 - 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Cooking Directions
  1. In the bowl of your stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to cream the cream cheese for about 3 minutes on medium speed.
  2. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the confectioners sugar and then mix for another 2 minutes.
  3. Add the pumpkin puree while the speed is on low until it's fully incorporated, then add the vanilla and the pumpkin pie spice and mix.
  4. Refrigerate the mix for at least 3 hours before serving.
  5. Some serving suggestions: gingersnaps, spice cookies, graham crackers or apples.

No comments: