I'm just now getting around to some of the pumpkin recipes I have been wanting to try. This one was sort of spontaneous since I wasn't sure if the Pumpkin Flan I made earlier was going to turn out. I made this just in case. Luckily it did turn out but this was a big hit with everyone anyway. Easy to make and all I needed to buy were the ginger snaps that I used for dipping.
I loved how creamy the dip was. The cream cheese blended with the pumpkin so you didn't taste the cream cheese necessarily but it sort of added a little something to the background flavor of the pumpkin puree. I kept the pumpkin pie spice to a minimum until I tasted it and then added more to my taste preference. Refrigeration really does help all the flavors meld together.
Definitely a great recipe for your holiday parties this year!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
Recipe from My Baking Addiction
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 - 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to cream the cream cheese for about 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the confectioners sugar and then mix for another 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree while the speed is on low until it's fully incorporated, then add the vanilla and the pumpkin pie spice and mix.
- Refrigerate the mix for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Some serving suggestions: gingersnaps, spice cookies, graham crackers or apples.