December 16, 2013

Quick Queso



I know many of you will be attending a party of some sort this coming weekend.  I have a quick easy suggestion for an appetizer you can bring with you.

First of all, I saw these cute tortilla chips at WalMart.  Then I grabbed a cube of white Velveeta and a can of Rotel tomatoes and that's it!  I know many of you might already have this recipe, but if you don't you're missing out on some quick party magic.  Easy, delicious!

There is a slight "kick" with this, if you prefer no kick you can also just add some mild salsa.

Another suggestion is to brown some breakfast sausage or some Italian sausage and stir that in as well. So many possibilities.  The version above has the pretty red, green and white colors though. Very festive.

Quick Queso


Ingredients
  • I box White Velveeta
  • 1 can (10 oz) Rotel (tomatoes with green chilies)
Cooking Directions
  1. Cut the Velveeta in large chunks and put into a large saucepan.
  2. Begin melting over low heat.
  3. Add the can of Rotel, juice and all. Stir until smooth.
  4. Serve warm.

No comments: