How was your nice long weekend?
Do anything fun?
Are you still eating leftovers? Well we are but that's because we had Thanksgiving on Saturday so they are still welcome and we're not sick of them yet.
I hate to even call this a recipe because there are only two main ingredients involved. A while ago my friend Amanda came over and had dinner with me. One dish we made took like 5 minutes and was very good. Also, please note the nice Christmas colors here.
It's as simple as opening a bag of fresh spinach and a can of diced tomatoes. Seriously, that's it. OK, well there are some other minor ingredients. You can cook the spinach until it's totally wilted or you can barley heat it at all, it's up to you.
Spinach and Tomatoes
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- Olive Oil for the pan
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese for garnish if desired
- In a large skillet add some olive oil, about 1 Tbsp or so. Add the garlic and sauté briefly.
- Add the can of tomatoes and cook until heated through.
- Dump in the bag of spinach and stir around. Cook until desired doneness. The longer you cook it the more wilted the spinach will become.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.