I'm in the middle of a month long vegan attempt. I say attempt because I'm not very good at being a vegan but so far I've been doing pretty well. I'm also happy to say that I have had some nice weight loss and that has made it easier to continue.
One thing I've enjoyed in the mornings are muffins. I made some blueberry muffins early on and then I made these and I love them. The thing about vegan recipes is that sometimes they can turn out try. I've been lucky and both muffin recipes I made were totally moist and delicious. This recipe is dense and full of flavor. I think adding the dish of water to the oven while cooking really works.
You're going to love this muffin regardless of whether you're watching your diet or not. Moist, and full of flavor. What more could you want?
Recipe from examiner.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (defrosted and rinsed)
- Preheat the oven to 325º
- Place an oven safe dish of water in the cold oven, about 2 inches of water.
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake papers, 12 total.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add the bananas, sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time until combined.
- Stir in the blueberries by hand so they won't break as much.
- Fill each cupcake paper with equal amounts of batter and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness using a toothpick in the center, when it comes out clean they are done.