February 26, 2014

Sesame Peanut Noodles



I guess I'm on some sort of Asian food craving thing huh? This is another vegan recipe in case you're wondering.  I'm getting close to finishing my month of vegan eating and I have begun to stray quite a bit.  So, with that being said, meals like this help me stay on track.  It's delicious and easy and it makes you feel like you're eating a full meal even though there isn't any meat here.

If you're looking for a saucy type of recipe then you might want to double the sauce below because the regular portion size just barely clings to the noodles.  I found it to still be very flavorful and if I do double the recipe next time I'm not sure I would add ALL of it, just keep adding until you get the consistency you desire.

The flavor is awesome.  I happen to love Cilantro but you could omit it if you don't.  The bean sprouts add a yummy crunch and the Cilantro gives it a freshness that I love.  The peanut taste is perfect and not too overpowering.  I served mine at room temperature but it keeps well in the refrigerator as well.

Great meatless meal idea here. 

Sesame Peanut Noodles
Recipe from Nigella Express page 261


Dressing Ingredients
  • 1 Tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 Tbsp garlic-infused oil
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
  • 2 Tbsp lime juice
  • 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
Salad Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 lbs cooked noodles
  • 2 cups bean sprouts, rinsed
  • 1 1/2 cups snow peas
  • 1 medium red pepper, seeded and cut into small strips
  • 2 scallions, finely sliced
  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Cooking Directions
  1. Begin by making the dressing. Use a small bowl or a jar with a lid to add the dressing ingredients. Shake or stir until well combined.
  2. Place the noodles, bean sprouts, snow peas, sliced red pepper and sliced scallions into a bowl.
  3. Pour the dressing over the noodle mixture and mix until thoroughly covered.
  4. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and cilantro.
  5. Store or serve

No comments: