Do any of your holiday plans call for seafood? Shrimp perhaps? I have to admit that I have a slight obsession with cocktail sauce. I could literally eat it with anything. I've been known to dip potato chips in it. I know, there's something wrong with me.
Recently we had some friends over for some appetizers and drinks and this sauce was a hit. My husband said it was one of the best he's tasted and I would agree. Totally potato chip dip worthy, or shrimp, whatever.
This cocktail sauce has all the classic flavors you love in a good sauce. The horseradish is prominent but not so overwhelming that you need to slam the nearest drink. The chili sauce adds a bit of sweetness and the ketchup and Worcestershire just compliment all of the flavors. Perfect!
Recipe from Ina Garten
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Mix all of the ingredients together and serve at room temperature with shrimp.
- Store leftover's in an airtight container in the refrigerator.