December 22, 2012

Cocktail Sauce



Do any of your holiday plans call for seafood? Shrimp perhaps? I have to admit that I have a slight obsession with cocktail sauce.  I could literally eat it with anything.  I've been known to dip potato chips in it.  I know, there's something wrong with me.

Recently we had some friends over for some appetizers and drinks and this sauce was a hit.  My husband said it was one of the best he's tasted and I would agree.  Totally potato chip dip worthy, or shrimp, whatever.

This cocktail sauce has all the classic flavors you love in a good sauce.  The horseradish is prominent but not so overwhelming that you need to slam the nearest drink.  The chili sauce adds a bit of sweetness and the ketchup and Worcestershire just compliment all of the flavors.  Perfect!



Cocktail Sauce
Recipe from Ina Garten

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup chili sauce
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce 

Directions

  1. Mix all of the ingredients together and serve at room temperature with shrimp. 
  2. Store leftover's in an airtight container in the refrigerator. 

No comments: