December 7, 2012

Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn


 I think I've mentioned before how I'm not the biggest popcorn lover in the world.  I mean I like it but I don't ever just sit down to snack on some buttered popcorn, or plain popcorn or any popcorn for that matter.  I have recently found a couple of recipes on Pinterest that have caught my eye.  One of them was a soft caramel corn found here and this post is the second.

I'm completely addicted to this one. It's heavenly.  I don't know what else to say about it.  Not only is the taste exactly what I love but it's also incredibly easy to make.  You just toss a couple of ingredients into the microwave and then pour it over some plain popcorn.  In that regard this is also very dangerous because you can just whip it up on a moments notice.

I love how sticky and buttery and marshmallow-y it is.  After you add the marshmallows and they have melted keep stirring until you get a well combined, smooth mixture.  Now pour over some plain popcorn while stirring so that all the pieces get covered.

I'm making it again this weekend to bring to a friends house.  I'm pretty sure they will all love it as much as I do.


Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn
Recipe found at Just Get Off Your Butt and Bake

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 9-10 marshmallows
  • 12 cups popcorn


Directions

  1. Microwave the brown sugar and butter for 2 minutes.  Stir. 
  2. Add the marshmallows and cook until melted.  I did 30 second intervals.  It took about 1 minutes.  Whisk to mix well. 
  3. Pour over popcorn and stir to get all the pieces covered. 

No comments: