May 24, 2013

Blueberry Lemonade


I bought a bottle of blueberry juice from my local farmers market a while back and really had no idea what I was going to do with it. But I figured, how can you go wrong with blueberry juice?


This is the bottle I bought, I don't know if this is available in the Internet but I've seen it other places as well so I know it's findable, probably wherever you could go and get fresh produce or farmers markets would be your best bet.


My husband and daughter got hold of this and drank it all up practically before I could even get any.  They're blueberry fans to say the very least.


The lemon and blueberry work perfectly together of course and what's nice about using blueberry juice is there isn't any seeds or pulp.

The lemon juice adds a little tart bite in the background and the blueberry is front and center but it mixes perfectly.  I'm just sad it only makes a gallon, seriously, I'm off to find more blueberry juice!


Blueberry Lemonade
Recipe from Hillcrest Blueberry Farm website


Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
  • 1 quart (4 cups) blueberry juice
Cooking Directions
  1. Place all the ingredients in a gallon sized container and fill the rest with cold water. Mix until the sugar dissolves.

No comments: