May 6, 2013

Homemade Fudge Pops



It's been a hectic day, I'm sure you know what I mean.  Like a Monday, oh wait it is Monday.  Well anyway, that's my excuse for not publishing this first thing this morning like usual.  I am happy to report that we're seeing the sun today.  I never thought we'd miss it so much but it's May and you're supposed to have nice sunny cheerful spring days, right? We were getting so much rain that it's been impossible to go outside and enjoy much of anything.  Well, those days are over for a little while and I'm very grateful!

It's a great day for a fudge pop!

My daughter and I share an addiction to chocolate so I knew she'd love these.  I was right. They are very chocolaty and creamy and just right on a nice hot day.  I didn't have to change anything about this recipe, it was perfect just as it is!

Homemade Fudge Pops
Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker


Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 1/2 cups whole milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 8 Popsicle sticks
Cooking Directions
  1. In a small microwavable dish, melt the chocolate chips by cooking at 50% power in 30 second increments. Stir after each heating until smooth.
  2. Stir the melted chocolate, sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder and milk together in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it begins to thicken, about 10 minutes., stirring frequently.
  3. When thick, turn off the heat and add the vanilla and butter.
  4. Let cool until the mixture is warm but won't burn you if you touch it.
  5. Pour into Popsicle trays and freeze for 30 minutes before inserting the Popsicle sticks. Freeze until hard.

No comments: