For my daughter's birthday party everything was strawberry themed. Even the drinks. I knew for sure that strawberry lemonade was going to be served, I just had to find a recipe. In case some of you are new to this blog, if I can make it from scratch I probably will, so I didn't want a recipe that included any kind of canned or bottled anything. When I found this recipe on Pinterest I knew it was the right one for the job.
I had a truckload of strawberries at my disposal so measuring out 1 1/4 pounds of strawberries was not a problem.
For this recipe, you're going to want to get the organic lemons. You have to puree them skin and all.
Pour the mixture through a mesh sieve to get out all that pulp.
Pour the remaining water through this pulp mixture so that you're getting all that flavor.
All in all it was a very simple recipe to make as long as you've got a blender or food processor handy.
You can really taste the strawberries and the lemons, I would say that the ratio is perfect and you can sweeten as much or as little as you like. I used honey and it was awesome. It's sort of a thicker type drink - not smoothie thick but more like pulpy orange juice thick. Garnish with some fresh lemon and strawberry slices and you've got a showstopper drink. Perfect time of year to serve this one since strawberries are at their peak (well at least in the South they are).
Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
Recipe from laylita.com
- 1 1/4 pound fresh strawberries, washed and halved
- 2 whole lemons, washed and quartered
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup honey or sugar, to taste
- 6 cups water
- In the blender, add the quartered lemons (rind included, use organic if possible), the strawberries, 2 cups of water and honey (or sugar).
- Strain the mixture over a bowl or pitcher along with the other 4 cups of water.
- Add additional sugar if desired.
- Garnish with ice, lemon and strawberry slices if desired.