May 22, 2013

Nellie & Joe's Tropical Ice



So there I was minding my own business at the grocery store, going to buy some lemon juice, and there it was; Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice.  I'm not sure I've ever seen it there before, I mean I think I would have noticed the bright yellow bottle.  Anyway, I was intrigued.  I needed to find out more, I mean there must be a bunch of uses for lime juice right? Right, they have a whole website devoted to recipes.  

Being spring, I decided my first recipe would be a cold treat.  This one sounded good but I wasn't sure if my little girl would like it.  Surprisingly she loved it.  Probably because there's sugar in it. :)


Look for this yummy lime juice at your local grocery store.  It's also a very refreshing way to flavor up some plain ol' water.  
Nellie & Joe's Tropical Ice
Recipe from Keylimejuice.com


Ingredients
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice
Cooking Directions
  1. In a small saucepan, heat the water and sugar.
  2. When the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat and add the lime juice.
  3. Pour into Popsicle containers or into 4 - 4 oz paper cups. If you're using the cup method, let freeze for about 30 minutes before inserting a Popsicle stick.

No comments: