August 17, 2012

Kristi's Dip


Just ask any of my friends about this dip and they'll all start gushing about it.  My friend Kristi made it up and it was appropriately named after her.  We all love it and you can almost guarantee that if someone in our circle of friends is having a get together someone will bring this dip.

I usually just find a chair nearest to this dip and then use some sports blocking techniques to block off others.  It's sort of how I work out these days.

I can't believe I've had this recipe in my draft folder for so long.  Well, today is your lucky day.  Right before the weekend and right before many of you are sending your kids off to school.  Surely you have a function to go to this weekend that you can give this a try.

You won't be sorry.  Seriously. Try it.  Right now.


Kristi's Dip
From my friend Kristi W.

1 lb. ground beef
2 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese (softened)
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 jar Pace picante sauce (or other thick & chunky salsa)
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese

Brown ground beef and drain. Mix ground beef, cream cheese and taco seasoning mix and spread it into a baking dish. Layer the salsa next, then top with the shredded cheese. Bake at 350 until the cheese melts. Serve with tortilla chips.




No comments: