January 10, 2014

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls


No I'm not trying to ruin your diet.

This is the last item I made for my Christmas baking day.  I know it's taken me awhile to post about it but honestly I'm trying not to eat sugar right now and just looking at this picture makes me want to dive it to them again.

One thing I especially liked about this peanut butter ball is the addition of the rice krispies.  The taste is amazing and the little added crunch sets it apart from the rest. The instructions at the link below are really good so if I'm not providing enough guidance you can click on over to her page.

These are an easy candy to make and can be enjoyed any time of the year.  They will of course melt this summer but you could keep them refrigerated or inside until you're ready for them.  To good not to share.  Definitely a keeper in my recipe book.


Peanut Butter Balls
Recipe from Praying Twice


Ingredients
  • 2 cups creamy peanut butter
  • 3 cups krispie rice cereal
  • 1 lb (3 cups) confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 2 packages melted chocolate chips
Cooking Directions
  1. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter and the cereal.
  2. Add the confectioners sugar and the melted butter (you might need to switch to using your hands to mix it as it will be tough to stir).
  3. If the mixture is to dry add more peanut butter, if too sticky and wet add more confectioners' sugar. You want to be able to form a ball with the mix without it being too sticky or falling apart.
  4. Form balls and lay them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. When done put the cookie sheets in the refrigerator to harden.
  5. Melt the chocolate and use a fork to dip each ball and shake off excess before placing back on the cookie sheet. Refrigerate again to harden.
  6. Enjoy!
*Refrigerate in an airtight container

No comments: