Happy Friday everyone! Any big plans for the weekend? We have a pretty uneventful weekend ahead of us, which makes me happy. Time to do what we want at our own pace. Love it.
We, like much of the rest of the country are experiencing a cold snap, they are even saying possible snow next week! I am thrilled that we might get some snow. It makes me want to dive into the kitchen and make some good ol' comfort food.
This recipe is one that I saw on Facebook, it made me run out to buy shrimp for dinner. We don't eat that much shrimp in this house so when we do, I want it to be very memorable. I would say this recipe fit the bill. We loved the tanginess of the spices in the sauce. I will make this again for sure.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Ruths Chris New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp
Recipe found on Facebook
- 20 large (16/20 ct) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ounce canola oil
- 1 Tbsp + 5 tsp green onions, chopped
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 sticks salted butter
- Use a large skillet (cast iron is best) add the oil and cook the shrimp until just done.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add the green onions to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and let simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, cayenne and paprika to the pan. Shake the pan and cook for 1 minute. Turn heat to low.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and slowly add to the pan, shake the pan after a couple of additions of butter so the mixture combines. Once all the butter has been added, put the shrimp back in the pan and shake the pan to coat and to heat the shrimp back up.
- Plate the shrimp and enjoy.