January 31, 2014

Slow Cooker Buffalo Turkey Meatballs


I'm happy to say that our neighborhood dinner club is back in session.  It seemed to sort of disappear last year and we never got back to it.  Thankfully we're back and boy am I glad.  I love hanging out with the girls from my street. I'll post the dinner club recipes soon!

I was trying to think of a good theme and decided since it was January that I should stick with the idea of eating healthier.  I can tell you, we did NOT suffer through bland boring food that night.  These turkey meatballs were so tender and moist, the sauce sort of seeped into the meatballs so even though they didn't look like they were coated with sauce you definitely got the bite from the buffalo sauce.  Full of flavor!

My husband was out of town at the time but once he got back and had some leftovers he was hooked.  He wanted me to tell you all that this would be a fantastic addition to your Super Bowl party food!  I think he's right.  And you can't beat the fact that they're cooked in the slow cooker, this will give you time to spend with your guests and the game and not being stuck in the kitchen.


Slow Cooker Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
Recipe for Turkey Meatballs found on Food.com
Recipe for Sauce found on the back of the Franks Red Hot bottle



Meatballs
  • 1 pound lean ground turkey
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1 whole egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Sauce
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup wing sauce (I used Franks)
Cooking Directions
  1. Mix all of the meatball ingredients together in a medium bowl making sure the ingredients are well dispersed.
  2. I used a small cookie scoop to get even sized meatballs. Roll them in your hands to make them a nice round shape. 
  3. Place the meatballs in your slow cooker and pour the sauce over the top.
  4. Set the slow cooker on low and cook for about 3-4 hours.

No comments: