So, a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that we had recently had a thunderstorm and according to Southern folklore we could expect snow in 7-10 days. Well, it took a little longer than that but we did get snow last night. They cancelled school today and everything. How much snow did we get? About and inch. Yep, that's all. The road are really icy so I am glad school was cancelled but there isn't even enough snow to make a snowman. Not to mention it's not sticky enough. Oh well, we'll take it.
If you're stuck home like we are today you might want to work on your game day plans, or maybe you just want a tasty snack. If you're a bacon fan, you'll be in heaven with this one. Bacon is the star ingredient in this dip, ton's of flavor from the crunchy bacon and the creamy cheeses. Easy to throw together and the ingredients are readily available at most every supermarket.
I made this dip to the Bronco/Patriot game at a friends house
Make sure the dip is good and hot when served!
Creamy Bacon Parmesan Dip
Recipe from Buns In My Oven
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/4 whole sweet onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- Mince the onion and add to a hot skillet with the butter. Cook until the onions have softened and started to brown slightly. Should take 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, crumble the bacon into small pieces and then add the remaining ingredients including the cooked onion.
- Stir together until creamy and add to a small heat proof dish.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.